Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Suprise!! Here I come, ready or not....

We have had an interesting and surprising turn of events in our family. On Sunday night just after 10 o'clock at night my water broke. I was talking on the phone with my mom and as I stood up off the chair it happened. I was paralyzed as I stood there not quite sure knowing what just happened and not sure what I was supposed to do about it. We quickly called the doctor, who sent us to the hospital. Upon arriving we found out that my water broke but that I wasn't in labor. This is a good thing.

D is going to continue the story as typing makes M nauseous.

At 32 weeks the baby's lungs are still developing and that has been the doctors' main concern. M was given a shot of steroids to help speed up development and has been receiving antibiotics to help fight infection and liquids to keep her hydrated. Monday was a long day as M has been visited at all hours by doctors, nurses, friends, and family.

On Monday morning we had an ultrasound to check the size and position of baby girl. G is breech and there is not enough amniotic fluid for her to turn. M will deliver this baby cesarean. She is about 1800 grams or "3 pounds 16 oz" as stated by the computer. This is pretty good for G's age and M's size.

Nights have proved to be the worst. G is very active which creates contractions. M is trying to get as much sleep as possible but with all of the contractions, peeing, and medicines it has been hard. M has mastered the art of peeing in bed not to be confused with wetting the bed as she has conquered that as long as I have known her.

Sounds like we are here in the hospital for the long haul. M will be on bed rest until she delivers. The doctors are hoping that she makes it till 34 weeks which means she will be in the hospital for the next two weeks. Despite all the sleepiness and visits M and the baby are doing good. I am sure we will keep everyone posted. Thank you so much for all of your love and support. We have felt everyone's warmth and love a lot. We will keep you posted on any events that come up. But you know where to find us until baby girl is born.

4 comments:

Britney said...

Wow crazy! And very funny D about the bed wetting. I hope she stays in as long as possible!

Marisa said...

Keeping you in my prayers:).

Tiona said...

Not fun! I hope everything goes well. I'll keep you in my prayers.

KelsinaterB said...

Congrats on a healthy baby!! We'll continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Can't believe you're now a family of 4!!