Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Plus One

ur day started with the first blog post. About two minutes after posting our Dr. and Nurse came in and said that we needed to deliver today. M had been having contractions all night and was uncomfortable. She was 2 cm dilated and everyone felt that is was a good idea to get the show on the road. This first picture is of M getting prepped for the cesarean.

This was my view for the event. I might have gotten nauseous, almost fainted, and broke out in a cold sweat. I mean not everyday do you see your wife's guts. Let me tell you M has got a lot of guts.

As soon as the baby was out (G M K was born at 9:57 am) they immediately moved her to the NICU. I got to see her briefly in the OR, but M didn't. She was being fussy and the doctors felt that she needed to be moved asap. M was very disappointed. She heard her cry but didn't get to see her. After a few minutes I was able to take some pictures of her and show them to mom.


Eventually after a couple of hours of recovery mom got to hold sweet baby G. She is breathing on her own and has a great color to her. She is such a cute little girl and everyone said she has such an angelic face. M and I can't figure out who she looks like probably because she is still developing. I do think she has the D-lo's nose.



As you can see above mom got sick right after the cesarean. You can never have too many kidney trays around when you feel the urge. M might have blown through about 10. I hope that doesn't take away from the touching moment that is happening in the background.

This is G's home for now. She will be in here for up to 8 more weeks. We are so excited for the new addition and look forward to the day we can take her home. I thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I am sure we will keep you posted with all of her baby steps.

3 comments:

Tiona said...

I'm glad she seems to be doing okay. Please keep me posted. Congratulations!

Mindy said...

Congratulations! I will let my Mom and Dad know and we will all be praying for you!

Lore Smart said...

Thinking of you Meri and family!!! What a precious baby girl. Praying that all continues to go well as I'm sure it will. Thank goodness for modern medicine, good doctors and hospitals. Congratulations!