Monday, April 30, 2012

Perspective.

Today I came across this sweet blog post, 
And I absolutely couldn't get it out of my head.
As I read it (sobbing) I related to her "old" perspective.
I felt her heart ache and I felt inspired by her story.
I wish I could just tape her story on all my walls and windows. 
I definitely needed it today.
Her perspective encouraged me to change my perspective.
I am completely blessed to be surrounded by my kids laughter each day.  
I get to be home with them.
Watch them learn and grow.
I get to serve them by making them snacks, reading them books, cleaning their messes.
I want to never to it for granted. 
And reading this story this morning made me have a beautiful day with my children.  
I hugged them tightly made sure I was present.
Paid attention to their smiles and stories.
I loved them a little stronger today.
So I thought I would pass it on.



My world and my love.  I am so grateful to be your Mom!!

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Oh my gosh Meri, that was so touching. I just read this in my classroom and, thank goodness it is my planning, because I CANNOT stop crying. Thank you for making me stop to think about how blessed I am.

Jill said...

aww I'm a crying mess. Do you know this family? I have a friend of a friend going through a similar experience.

P Kirkwood said...

Thanks for sharing, Meri. Perspective is a great thing.