Thursday, February 2, 2012

Half Birthday update




 In honor of our little man's half birthday I thought I would give a little update on what he is up to these days.

  • He still is obsessed  with cars.  He has Nascars and "eyes cars" those are the character cars from the movie Cars. He always has one with him just about 24/7.  He knows all their names and loves to tell people about them.  Some are bad guys and some are race cars and some are spy cars.
  •  He is taking swim lessons right now.  Still in the beginner classes. Just finished his second session is starting his third one next week.  He loves to swim and has made huge improvements since we started in September.
  •   He just started Sunbeams at church and loves being in primary.  I am teaching in primary too so it is fun to watch him take it all in.  He does a great job at saying prayers.  He does it all by himself and which seemed to impress his teacher.  I love listening to his prayers they are different every time and very random.
  • He can count to 13 really well. He knows more numbers but doesn't always get them in the right order.  He is learning more letters everyday. He knows all the letters in his name and is working on writing them. He has T and A down real well.
  • He has great memory.  He is really good at remember people's names. He picks up songs easily and loves to sing.  He learns a lot from shows he watches.  The other day he told me that "red is a primary color."  I said "that is correct and what are the other primary colors?" He said "yellow and blue".  I then asked him where he learned that, he said "Oso" He is excited about starting school one day. We are going to be signing him up for preschool soon and he will start in the Fall.
  • He is a great big brother.  I love love love to watch them play together.  They really do have a good time together.  It may not last too long before there is some screaming and fighting...but i guess that just goes along with being brother and sister.
T is just an awesome little guy.  He is so kind and sensitive and full of emotion and fun.  He loves to be around people.  He is growing up way too fast and some times I miss my little baby boy.  But it is so fun to see him grow and learn new things.  


No comments: