Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mom Guilt

I am feeling a little guilty this morning.  As I sit here and look at my empty baby book for G.  I am feeling bad for things that I have been lacking in lately.  I feel bad for not keeping up with all of her "first".  I can make a list of things that I haven't done.  Her baby book is nearly empty and her first birthday is around the corner.  She has two adorable little teeth sprout last month that I still have taken pictures of.  And have no pictures of her first thanksgiving or Christmas.  Thanksgiving I had my camera and just didn't take any pictures.  And Christmas I left my camera at home.  I am feeling so bad for my little girl.  I hope she knows how much we love her.  The time has just slipped away from me.  My goal this week, one week away from her 1st birthday is to get her up to date.  For her own sake, so she will never think we forgot about her and for my own sake, maybe I don't have to live with this Mom guilt the rest of my life.

2 comments:

Pam said...

I am hoping that home videos and random pictures will count for my kids. Other than that they have nothing, except a mother that loves them to death. I guess that might be better than a scrapbook. Ditch the guilt, you do great! If they grow up well loved, the scrapbooks are just a bonus at the end.

Marisa said...

Being the 5th of 6 children I hardley had any pictures of myself as a baby, however, that did not mean I ever doubted the love that my parents had for me. You are just busy giving her memories of your time together instead of pictures...don't be too hard on yourself:). It is very apparent that you are a WONDERFUL mother!!!