It's all about the little things. The little things remind you why you chose this job...why you put up with the frustrating cries, the never ending messes and tired children. I always looked forward to T calling me Mommy...now some days I wish he would say Daddy instead. I think he just likes the word Mommy, because he is constantly saying it. This is a job I wanted to my whole life and everyday I think I can't believe I am actually doing it...I actually have two of my own children. The little things happen at random parts of the day. It happened yesterday when T and I washed the car. Whenever I washed the car before I always tried to do it during nap time so T wouldn't get in the way. But yesterday I thought it would be fun to have him help. I got his boots on, we got a bucket of soap and two wash clothes and we had a blast. He got soaked and I laughed and took pictures the whole time.
Then being able to put both my kids in the bath at the end of the day. Watching them interact and dreaming of the relationship I hope they might have some day.
Motherhood is about these moments of joy. These are the moments that make it all worth it for me.
2 comments:
That was a really sweet post:). You are very blessed.
You are so right! It is those small little moments that make all of the others just melt away.
Post a Comment