Monday, June 21, 2010

5 months!!


 G turned 5 months on Saturday!  Hooray for a growing baby!  We weighed her on our little food scale and she was 9lbs 12oz, I don't know how accurate is it compared to the doctors but I will take it. She is still small but you can definitely tell she is growing.  She is stronger and stronger every day.  She loves to sit up and watch what is going on around her.  She talks a lot and smiles tons.  There is nothing sweeter than her laughing at her big brother. I just wish I could catch it on camera. She is still sleeping great at night and goes down pretty easy too.  She sleeps in her crib for naps and in her bassinet at night.  I am having trouble letting that go... I think she is too small to sleep in that big bed all night.  She is loosing all her hair just like her brother did.  D is trying to convince me to just trim it all off, because she just has a small patch in the back. But I just can't let it go either.


We got together with one of her NICU buddies this past week.  He was born two days after G at a whopping 2lbs 9oz.  Now he is a pound heavier than G.  It was nice for us Moms to get together and share preemie stories.  One of the most frustrating parts with G is there is no one to compare her to. She is on her own schedule with development and growth.  It is even hard to compare her to this guy even though they have similar stories. I am trying to get past that and just let her do things on her own time.  But for some reason I always feel the need to hurry her along.


Despite all my struggles she is just perfect.  She is our little angel.  She is so laid back and happy.  She is just happy to be able to watch and listen to world around her.  Especially her big brother.  P.S. Thanks Auntie L for the cute sweater you knitted.  She is adorable in them!

2 comments:

Randy, Alanna, Keira, and Braden said...

She is so cute. I am glad to hear she is doing so good. Thanks for your previous post. I had a long, hard day with the kids and reading that just reminded me to enjoy the great moments with my kids and not stress over the little things. Thanks
Alanna

awtitera said...

Hey, guys... we have NOT kept in touch. She's so cute and looks like a perfect mix of both of you. Wow, Grant weighed that much when he was born... crazy. We'd love for the next one to be tiiinnny! Call us.