Monday, November 5, 2012

Princess Potty



She may hate me one day for taking these pictures. 
But I can't help it...Mama is so proud.

G's potty training experience has been a lot different than T's.
I learned a couple of things and have tried not to repeat them.

This all began back in August when D and I went to NY for 7 days.
While gone Grandma thought it would be a nice "present" to potty train our little peanut. 
I laughed and thought, "okay Grandma good luck".
To my surprise she did surprisingly well.  
The first few weeks she did great. She stayed dry both day and night.
She told me when she had to go.
Until....she just stopped.
And with this girl you can't make her do something she is not into.
I tried goodies, prizes, stickers and other motivations.
No luck. She eventually said one day, "Mommy I don't like to go potty in the potty"
And after that it was over.
She went back to pull ups and diapers.
I knew that I wasn't going to push it, I learned that from training T.
It has to be her decision. G knew she was in control so I had to accept it.
I gave up.  Then two weeks ago she showed signs that she was interested again.
So we tried... with no big expectations.
And I happy to report she is doing super well (again).
Back to staying dry (with a few accidents here and the carpet) day and night.
I am trying to make it her choice and just encouraging it.
It hasn't been too stressful or too aggravating.
She is happy about being the "potty princess" and so am I!
So here's to hoping this continues, and I get to enjoy no diapers for a few more days until our new little girl arrives.

No comments: