Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Mommy I don't want to go to the ER"


T has been doing a lot of this the last 5 days.  It began Friday morning, he woke up grumpy and complaining his tummy hurt.  We spent most of the day laying around the house going from the couch to the chair to the bed.  I  was anticipating some vomit or something all day but nothing.  He continued feeling this way through Saturday and Sunday. Finally Sunday with little improvement and the little guy rolling around crying in pain we knew we had to take him in.  After a quick few hours at Children's with X-rays and an ultrasound done the doctor informed us he has mesenteric adenitis.  This is an enlargement of the lymph nodes in the abdomen due to viral infection.  Poor little man :(  There is nothing they can really do for him, we just have to ride it out with Ibuprofen and Tylenol.  I think today he is maybe starting to turn a corner.  I hoping to get my little guy returns soon...do not like this little stranger that just wants to lay around all day.


1 comment:

P Kirkwood said...

Oh my gosh! So sorry to hear that! I'm glad he's feeling better. It's crazy the small things that happen to kids that are so very big to us.