T is really into trains. Thomas is on regularly at our house. So when I was notified of this great Groupon deal for a real steam engine train ride I jumped all over it.
The train was pretty amazing to see when it had all the steam coming out of the top and sides, wish I got a picture of it. T wasn't as excited at I thought (which seems to happen most of time I get more excited about these things than he does).
The train had about 6 passenger cars and we got to choose where to sit. T was a little scared of the loud whistle and was happy to sit in one of the middle cars.
It was about a 60 minute ride. Mostly going through farm lands we past some homes and streets too which was fun to wave at the people as we passed by.
D was not able to join us, he has a group study meeting every Saturday now. So sad he will be missing stuff like this for a while. We are trying plan around it as much as we can but it makes it hard when he meets from 10am-2pm, right in the middle of the day. Thanks Mom for tagging along for the ride...it so great to have you around!
G enjoyed it too, despite it being right during her normal nap time. She has picked up on noticing trains now...she says "choo choo" in her cute little voice.
They do a Polar Express Train in December that we might have to get on. That is still one of T's favorite movies.
No comments:
Post a Comment