G had her half birthday on Monday. She had a week full of activities to celebrate. Doctors appointment on Tuesday, Children's Therapy on Wednesday and pictures on Thursday. So this little one is truly a little one. She is 10lbs 1oz and 24 1/2 inches tall. They always measure her at her gestational age which is 4 months. And she is under the 3% on weight and about 10% in height. Her appointment with Children's Therapy was set up when she left the NICU. At 4 months they wanted to check her development to she if she is acting like a typical 4 month old. They tested her motor skills, communication skills and eating skills. I knew she was fine with communication, because she loves to talk. She is always making cute noises. But they are worried about her weight and motor skills. So we have been put on a new feeding regiment to help her gain some weight and she will be having weekly physical therapy to help her get better at using her muscles properly. I knew she was behind in both. I am so glad that I can get some extra help with these things. The appointment was very informative and I am looking forward to see how they help.
Despite all of that she is such a happy baby. She has the cutest smile and laugh. Her favorite person is her Dad. She just lights up whenever she sees him. It melts my heart. T loves giving her hugs and kisses. We all love that little girl. Happy Half Birthday G!!!!
She got to try some yummy rice cereal on her birthday. She doesn't quite know what to do with. We are working on keeping some of it in her mouth.
1 comment:
Happy half birthday, Gracie!! So glad to hear you guys are doing well. Miss you!
~ Kelsey
Post a Comment