Monday, May 10, 2010

The perfect day...well almost

I woke up yesterday to my little son's footsteps running down the hall to Daddy making breakfast in the kitchen. A special breakfast of cinnamon rolls, bacon, eggs and strawberries.  My baby girl was still sleeping next to me.  The sun was shining threw the blinds and it was Mother's day.  We enjoyed a beautiful day together as a family.  We relaxed in bed, we ate a great food, we went to church and we hung out with Grandma's, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins.  I only had to change two diapers.  D was on top of everything, from doing dished, getting the kids dressed, cooking and everything else.  That is what I call a mother's day full of love, laughter and relaxation for Mom and work for Dad.  I couldn't be more lucky to have a husband that made my day so special and two beautiful children that I love so much.  The only thing that made it not so perfect was the crying fit from T while trying to get him to go to nursery and the crying fit from G at my parents house.  I guess they didn't know it was Mother's day and there is no crying allowed.

2 comments:

Tiona said...

That sounds lovely!! Dustin did a good job! Happy Mothers Day Meri!!

L said...

That is a cute picture with the feet