Thursday, April 30, 2009

Move 2009

So we did this crazy stressful thing last week....we moved. We had been looking to move since the beginning of the year. We liked our apartment but knew we were paying too much and we needed something a little more T friendly (more space and more accessible to the outside). The only problem was our lease wasn't up until July. We put in a notice to the manager that our place was available so she could show it if anyone was interested. After a couple of months of waiting and looking for a place off and on, in one day we found renters for our apartment and found this great new place. It is a 3 bedroom 1300 sq.ft. duplex. It has a yard and a back deck (neither of which we had before), more space and is less rent. We are so excited that we found it! We moved in last Monday. It was more stressful and took longer than we anticipated. I didn't quite understand how adding a little baby in the mix could make things a lot more trickier. But we got through it and are finally settling in to our new home. It took T a few nights to get comfortable, again something I didn't expect. I think he is enjoying the space, he is always crawling from room to room checking things out.


T was in heaven with all the boxes and stuff he could get into.


It's amazing finding out how much stuff you really have when you move. We moved here only a year and half ago, but our family has gone from two to three and that has defiantly added to our accumulation of stuff.


Our new home! So glad there isn't three flights of stairs to walk up everyday. T wanted to sit outside and watch the rain I guess.


The back deck is so nice. And the view is a little more peaceful than a parking lot. You really don't understand how nice is it to have a deck until you don't have one.


Another good thing about our new place is the third bedroom. We have our office back. I am finally able to have a craft table. I am so excited about all the projects I get to do. Here is the first project I did. I have been wanting to use my Cricut for T's room since Christmas.

We are excited to be in a new place. We hope it turns out to be a better fit for us. It's not permanent, but we think it will be great for now.


3 comments:

P Kirkwood said...

How exciting! The deck looks very baby friendly from the pic. It's nice to have more room, I bet. We cant' wait to move to a bigger house. This will be our first move that I haven't been pregnant or had a little baby. It sure does make things crazy with little ones. I hope you are happy in your new home. Love the cricut project!

L said...

Very cute room, he is a lucky baby to have such a talented mom.

KelsinaterB said...

Mer, I had no idea you were moving! We definitely need to catch up! I love the new place, and I agree that it's nice to have extra space. We down sized when we moved to Spokane, and I wish we had our 3rd bedroom too. =(